LSU Libraries’ popular Food for Fines initiative is back for November 2022. Bring in nonperishable food items to the Access Services Desk in the Main Library, and the food will be accepted as payment of library fines during the entire month. Each eligible food donation brought to the desk will qualify for $1 in fine forgiveness, up to $20. All food items will be donated to the LSU Food Pantry to benefit fellow students.
The following rules apply.
- Items must be non-expired and the packaging in good condition.
- Canned goods must be at least 12 ounces.
- Fees must not have been previously under appeal.
- Items are in exchange for fees for Main Library items only. No Interlibrary Loan fees are eligible.
- Receipts will be issued when donations are given.
- We will accept items from everyone who would like to contribute, even if fines are not owed.
- Preferred donations include canned beans, rice, grains, peanut butter, canned meat (chicken, tuna, etc.), ready-to-eat packaged meals, cereal, and pasta.
LSU Food Pantry aims to meet the needs of students without food or low in food security by providing non-perishable goods to students in need at no cost to the student. Its goal is to serve as the number one resource for current LSU students in need of food assistance.