Digital Access & Discovery Services
Graduate Assistant Job Requirements and Description
The mission of the LSU Libraries’ Digital Access & Discovery Services (DADS) department is to grow and foster online engagement with the LSU Libraries, enhance the online user experience and usability of library system interfaces, and expand online availability of library staff to the LSU community. Examples of DADS work include providing e-resource and library systems tech support, chat services, connecting users with librarians and services, and the administration and maintenance of major library systems and websites such as the catalog, Discovery, FOLIO ERM, and the e-textbooks platform.
The Graduate Assistant for Digital Access & Discovery Services supports our mission by assisting departmental staff with answering support tickets and chats, data entry projects, creating documentation for new tasks, identification and correction of e-resource access issues, and periodic assessment projects. The Graduate Assistant also provides training for our undergraduate workers and works on special projects as assigned.
- Answers incoming tickets and chats in SpringShare’s LibAnswers
- Inputs data into the library’s e-resource management system FOLIO ERM
- Assists with troubleshooting access issues
- Assists with training student workers on LibChat
- Works with Systems Librarian to maintain and improve the library catalog, Discovery platform and e-textbooks website
- Creates and updates documentation in LibGuides and LibAnswers
- Pulls e-resource usage statistics for annual ARL report
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must be eligible for a graduate assistantship per LSU Graduate School regulations
- Strong analytical skills, problem solver, eye for detail
- Collaborative approach, research and service-oriented
- Library Science or Computer Science student preferred
- Ability to work remotely in the evenings and on weekends as needed
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to Megan Lounsberry, Digital Access & Discovery Services Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.