LSU Libraries’ priority is to open the facility in a safe and effective manner, with the health and safety of our staff and students the top concern. Students and staff will be required to follow procedures put in place to keep them and the LSU community safe. The service desks will have plexiglass shields, and the library will have two entrances and exits. Elevators will be limited to three occupants, and meeting rooms will be limited. Floor markings and signage will provide guidance when possible.
Students are expected to adhere to the following rules:
- If you are sick, sneezing, or coughing excessively, do not enter the building.
- Masks are required and must be properly worn at all times.
- You are required to sanitize surfaces you are about to use: chairs, desks, etc.
- You are required to sanitize surfaces you used before leaving.
- Group study of up to ten people will be allowed, with masks required, and a required spacing of an empty chair between each person.
- Maintain a physical distance of a minimum of 6 feet whenever possible.
- Wash hands with soap or use sanitizer after touching public surfaces. Avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
The LSU Library will maintain limited hours from August 17-23:
- Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
- Sunday, noon-6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, closed
Beginning August 24, hours for the fall semester will be:
- Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Friday, 7:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Saturday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Sunday, noon-8 p.m.
Beginning Wednesday, August 19, the Special Collections reading room in Hill Memorial Library will be open by appointment only to researchers. The research appointment hours will be:
- Mondays, 9 a.m.-noon.
- Wednesdays, 1 p.m.-4 p.m.
- Fridays, 9 a.m.-noon.
Patrons of Special Collections should make appointments via this link: https://lsu.libcal.com/booking/readingroom.
All of these hours, policies, and procedures are subject to change. See LSU’s Roadmap to Fall for more information about the University’s response to COVID-19.