LSU Libraries’ popular Food for Fines initiative is back. Nonperishable food items will be accepted for payment of library fines during April 2016. Non-perishable food items can be brought to the Access Services desk in Middleton Library in exchange for forgiveness of fines up to $20 for fines charged in the month of April. All food items will be donated to the LSU Food Pantry to benefit fellow students.
The following rules apply:
- Items must be non-expired, and the packaging in good condition
- Canned goods must be at least 12 ounces
- Fees must not have been previously under appeal
- Items are in exchange for fees for Middleton Library items only, no Interlibrary Loan fees are eligible
- Receipts will be issued when donations are given
- We will accept items from everyone who would like to contribute, even if fines are not owed
The mission of the LSU Food Pantry is to meet the needs of students without food or low in food security by providing non-perishable goods to students in need at no cost to the student. Its goal is to serve as the number one resource for current LSU students in need of food assistance.