LSU Libraries announces the formation of a Dean’s Advisory Council (DAC). Seventeen Baton Rouge community leaders, listed below, have been chosen to voluntarily serve on the council, which will advise on, assist with, and support the Dean’s efforts to promote the recognition, welfare, and progress of the Libraries.
Ty Hingle, a 1998 LSU graduate, serves as the council’s first chair. While at LSU, Hingle was the president of the Poultry Science Club, was on the Dean’s List, and was involved with Chapel on the Campus. He also played outside center on the LSU Rugby Team. Hingle is co-owner of Mattress Direct, a regional chain of retail mattress stores, and an active member of Healing Place Church. He coaches his boys in a variety of youth athletics and serves on the Board of Directors of the Capital Area United Way and the Greene Team Charitable Foundation.
“As the cornerstone of education for the university, the LSU Libraries needs to offer students and the community an exceptional place to cultivate ideas and promote higher level learning,” notes Hingle.” Additionally, the LSU Libraries should serve as a centerpiece the university uses to recruit new students, top researchers and premier instructors. I am encouraged about the future of the LSU Libraries as it evolves into a world class global learning center driven by Dean Wilder’s vision. We have assembled a powerful and diverse Advisory Council and are excited about the support we have already received from the University President, Provost and the LSU Foundation.”
Members of the DAC represent a unique blend of business and community leaders from a variety of organizations and backgrounds, culminating in a group with a great enthusiasm for LSU Libraries and a devotion to its mission. They are:
- Stephanie Anderson, CPA; Executive VP & COO, Woman’s Hospital
- Reid B. Bateman; Attorney
- Ken Bordelon; BASF
- R. Brian Haymon; CEO, SGS Petroleum Service Corporation
- Melanie Hebert; Entrepreneur, Motivational Speaker, Business Consultant
- Emilie Hebert; Miss LSU 2016, Student Representative for Board
- Ty B. Hingle – Chairman; Owner, Mattress Direct
- Leo B. Honeycutt; Author
- Natalie Laborde; Assistant Secretary, Department of Public Safety and Corrections
- Jared S. Loftus; COO, MasteryPrep
- Layne R. McDaniel; President & CEO, Credit Bureau Foundation of Baton Rouge
- W. Shelby McKenzie; Attorney, Taylor, Porter, Brooks & Phillips – Retired Counsel – LSU
- Dianna Payton; CEO, YWCA of Greater Baton Rouge
- Christy O. Reeves; CEO, Single Stop USA
- Susan D. Rolfs; Community Philanthropist
- Christel C. Slaughter, PhD; Partner and Co-owner, SSA Consultants
- Collis B. Temple III; National Sales Director & Agency Owner, Primerica Insurance.