Library staff members are always ready to help with the stress and long hours that inevitably accompany exam time. Students can contact librarians for help with research; use the millions of books, journal articles, and online resources available through the Libraries; and, when they are ready for a break, look no further than the second floor.
Take a photo and share it on Instagram- tag @lsulibraries and use #LSUfinals16 and #clubmid for a chance to win a gift basket. The themes for the challenge are:
- Monday, May 2nd: Dog Therapy from 11 am-1 pm in 1st floor lobby or your favorite view from 3rd or 4th floor windows
- Tuesday, May 3rd: Book from the Young People’s Collection or Exhibit in Special Collections-Hill Memorial Library (no flash photography)
- Wednesday, May 4th: FREE PIZZA at Circulation desk at 9pm or a record player in Music Resources (2nd floor)
- Thursday, May 5th: Relaxation Room (Room 241A) or a picture with bust of Troy Middleton (1st floor)
- Friday, May 6th: LSU Libraries staff member or YOUR favorite part of the library
24 Hour Relaxation Room
Middleton Library room 241A will transform into a 24 hour relaxation room during finals week, open for all students to enjoy. Located on the second floor of the library in room 241A, the room will have activities available such as coloring, origami, jigsaw puzzles, and games. Bubble wrap for popping and postcards to write home on will also be available.
Additional Finals Activities
- Monday, May 2, 11:00 am- 1:00 pm: LSU Vet School will bring dogs to the library for pet therapy.
- Wednesday, May 4, 9:00 pm: Free pizza!
- Thursday, May 5, 3:30 pm, room 241A: Hallie Dozier from UREC will guide a 30-40-minute meditation session. 20 yoga mats will be provided, but students are encouraged to bring their own.
Added Quiet Space in Hill Memorial Library
Additional quiet study space will be available in the Hill Memorial Library lecture hall this semester, from 8:00 am- 5:00 pm on April 27, 28 and 29, and May 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6.